A Moment With Hydropoetic

Facebook Twitter Digg Del.icio.us Myspace Stumbleupon Friendfeed

Written By: Khadeeja Coonrod

If anyone is in need of inspiring music that you can move to then look no further than Hydropoetic. Sabree is his name. He's currently located in the Bay Area, California. Hydropoetic comes with beats that
flow like water and rhymes that hit you hard. This Hip-Hop artist will be a future influence for a good mood once his music comes out of your speakers. His lyrics capture the soul with nourishment until you're full with contentment.

Hydropoetic has written on topics that may relate to us in an unexpected way. Aerosol, a song about being a graffiti artist, is a close personal favorite for Hydropoetic. A personal favorite of mine by him would be the song, Beautiful because of the message it brings about seeing existence as a beautiful thing that's to be appreciated and cherished. The chorus lines from the song are, "Third planet from
the Sun and yes, I exist. I thank God for the way that I spit and yes, it's so beautiful, yes I'm so beautiful yes you're so beautiful, yeah it sounds beautiful."

I asked Hydropoetic if he could give me a few details of his name, how he got started in music, what inspires him when it comes to music, information about his upcoming album.

Sabree, what's your last name?

My full name is Hirshee Sabree Hassan. Sabree is my middle name.
Sabree Hydropoetic is my personality with a pen and pad; and or a mic.

Where do you perform?

I won't offer any performances until I have a solid release date for the EP.

Can you tell me where you grew up?

I was born in Oakland, CA and grew up in both Oakland and San Francisco, CA.

Please, tell me what inspires you about music; what keeps you to
continue to create it.

What inspires my music is life, my life, the way I see and understand it. I'm constantly growing as a human being and so I always have things to write about. I just try to come up with creative ways to express it.

How did you get started in music?

My introduction to Hip-Hop started as a very young graffiti artist. This lead to breakin' which then lead to the music aspect of the elements. In fact, flirting with becoming a DJ was the only thing I didn't do. Graffiti is my first love for Hip-Hop and 'till this day I sketch my pieces... don't think I can paint any more but I still sketch pieces. As far as the music aspect of it, I heard so many artists that I would break to like, all of the pioneers. I started at a very, very young age... but it wasn't 'till I heard Rakim and Big Daddy Kane when I wanted to emcee. I'm not a Hip-Hop "purist" due to the fact the potential progression of the culture can be misunderstood... and therefore, change can sometimes face rejection. Hip-Hop music is a collage of different types of music that should be celebrated; so to me, in the music elementals of Hip-Hop, it would not
be fair to be a purist. Pure to creativity is priority if anything.

Can you tell me something about the album you're working on?

I'm working on an EP now with my man Kurisoul who's producing all of the tracks. If you heard the song Beautiful then you should kinda know what soundscape to expect. He's a very very talented producer and his future is projects brilliance in Hip-Hop.

Don't Agree With Our Top Picks? Vote Now!

Recent Posts

Columns

Album Reviews

Free MP3's

 

Extras

CWG Comedy | Dear in the Headlights

CWG Politics

Politics | Whirled News

Pop Section

GK Clusterf*ck | The Hotline | Girls Are Wingmen

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

About | Staff | Company | Careers/Internships | Contact | Advertise